Brunei sees record COVID-19 cases

1 min read

Kuala Lumpur: Brunei is seeing a record number of COVID-19 cases, reporting 42 new cases on Monday.

This follows the detection over the weekend of the first locally transmitted COVID-19 cases in 15 months.

Health minister Mohd Isham Jaafar says: “Compared to the (outbreak) last year, we don’t know the sources of many cases this time around,” he said at a press conference on Monday.

“We know that the weakest chain is mainly smuggling routes and frontliners from the airport to hotels.

“The outbreak was causing quarantine centres to quickly fill up, and authorities were also investigating the possibility illegal border crossings between Brunei and Malaysia were the source of the latest infections,” he says

Leave a Reply

Previous Story

Sadness Grips Muslims On New Year

Next Story

Indonesia, India Removed Ivermectin From COVID-19 Treatment?

Latest from Blog

Discover more from

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading

Verified by MonsterInsights