An assistant manager lost RM30,000 after falling victim to a phone scam in Gemencheh, Jempol on Aug 27. Jempol district police chief Supt Hoo Chang Hook said the 44-year-old woman was contacted by a man claiming to be from the Communications Ministry, who said that her phone number had been blocked as it was linked to criminal activities and instructed her to call 999 to verify.
Assistant Manager Lost RM30,000 in Scam
Believing the call was legitimate, the victim called and was connected to a woman pretending to be a police sergeant from Kelantan, who claimed to have conducted a check with Bukit Aman regarding the matter.
“The victim then received a WhatsApp call informing her that she was involved in a money laundering and drug case with a Chinese man and had sold a CIMB ATM card to the man for RM20,000 and receiving a monthly commission,” he said in a statement today.
Follow us on:
Read More News at #latestmalaysia #BusinessNews and #WorldFuture


